CME & Objectives
The certificate for CME credits is delivered online upon completion of the online post-course reflective activity and evaluation.
College of Family Physicians of Canada:
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 38 Mainpro+ credits.
Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada:
This event is an Accredited Simulation Activity (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, approved by the Continuing Education and Professional Development Office at the Northern Ontario School of Medicine for up to 19 hours.
The following are the learning objectives for the EDE 2 Course. The objectives can be adapted based on an assessment of needs of each individual group of participants.
The learning objectives for diagnostic scans are:
- Identify and recognize the indication(s) for an EDE scan.
- Perform the EDE scan when indicated.
- Recognize when determinate images are obtained.
- Recognize when indeterminate images are obtained.
- Recall techniques to generate determinate images.
- Interpret the determinate images generated with the possible findings of positive, negative, or inconclusive for the finding sought.
- Integrate information gained from determinate images into clinical decision-making along with other clinical data points.
The learning objectives for procedure guidance scans are:
- Identify and recognize the indication(s) for ultrasound guidance of an indicated procedure.
- Evaluate the relevant area with EDE.
- Recognize the area that will be the target of the procedure.
- Recognize structures that are to be avoided.
- Recall the advantages and disadvantages of static vs. real-time guidance and select the most appropriate option.
- Employ sterile probe technique when real-time guidance is selected.
- Recall the advantages and disadvantages of one vs. two-person technique and select the most appropriate option.
- Assess the image and employ techniques to optimize the image for the purpose of procedure guidance.
- Perform the procedure with ultrasound guidance.